Fort Bridger State Historic Site

  • Overview
  • Deals (0)
  • Events (0)
  • Articles (0)
Fort Bridger Post Trader's Store
Fort Bridger
Fort Bridger State
Fort Bridger 014
Fort Bridger 011

Site Facilities
Fort Bridger State Historic Site can be reached by taking Interstate 80, Exit 34 then going approximately three miles south.

Established by Jim Bridger and Louis Vasquez in 1843, as an emigrant supply stop along the Oregon Trail. It was obtained by the Mormons in the early 1850s, and then became a military outpost in 1858. In 1933, the property was dedicated as a Wyoming Historical Landmark and Museum.

There are several restored historical buildings from the military time period, a reconstructed of the trading post operated by Jim Bridger, and an interpretive archaeological site containing the base of the cobble rock wall built by the Mormons during their occupation of the fort. All of these locations are signed in Braille. In addition, a museum containing artifacts from the various different historical time periods is housed in the 1888 stone barracks building. There are gift shops in both museums and the reconstructed trading post. There is no camping available at Fort Bridger.

Listen Now


Powered by Podbean.com

Ft. Bridger Historical Association
PO Box 112
Fort Bridger, WY 82933
call Tisa at 307-782-3842

Site Grounds and Museum Hours: Site Grounds open year-round 8 a.m. to sunset, daily.

Bridger/Vasquez Trading Co.

May 1-Sept. 30: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Daily
Oct. 1-April 30: Closed