From Wyoming slopes to warm campfires, a true Wyoming winter is something that shouldn't be missed. Spend the day exploring snowy expanses and spend the evenings cozying up to a crackling fire.
Here are the top reasons you should visit Wyoming this winter:
- Memories that will last a lifetime: Winter holds a special magic in Wyoming. This is when the crisp air freshens the soul, the animals are in full view and those bare tree limbs and the lure of white land beckons those who love to play in the snow.
- A winter sports wonderland: From downhill skiing in Jackson Hole to cross-country skiing in our national forests and parks, Wyoming offers a wide range of winter activities.
- Snowmobiles! These personal thrill machines allow access to remote, untracked areas for skiers and a unique way to experience Wyoming's backcountry. There are some 1,300 miles of groomed snowmobile trails throughout the state.
- Yellowstone National Park: When it's "dressed in white," Yellowstone takes on an otherworldly and serene quality that's unlike anywhere else in the world. The national park's geysers, which are beautiful in summer, are even more amazing in winter.
- Only in Wyoming events and Festivals: It may be cold outside, but that doesn't mean that Wyoming hibernates for the winter months. Check out the calendar of events for a host of events and festivals.
- A romantic winter getaway: There's nothing quite like cozying up to a roaring fire with a warm blanket, a cup of steaming hot chocolate and the one you love. Wyoming's many lodges and B&Bs offer an escape from the every day!