Don’t forget your driver if you’re golfing in Wyoming, because all those wide-open spaces mean long links — and haven’t you heard? The ball flies further at our high-altitude courses. With almost 100 courses around the state, you’re guaranteed nine or 18 holes worth of breathtaking scenery, challenging layout and friendly service. Check out a few of these golfing experiences you can only get in Wyoming:
• Swing away with a landmark view of Devils Tower from almost every tee box at the Golf Club at Devils Tower in Hulett.
• Find a taste of scenic Yellowstone country at several northwest Wyoming courses, like Tenton Pines and Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis. Read more.
• Play from the grasslands to the wetlands in one course at The Powder Horn Golf Club near Sheridan. Read more.
• Keep on eye out for Western wildlife, like bison, at Rochelle Ranch Golf Course in Rawlins.
• Work a history lesson into your round at Trail Ruts Golf Course in Guernsey, which is on the Oregon Trial and close to the State Historical Site.
Start planning your golf getaway with this list of all the courses and resorts around the state.