In 1879, two cattlemen, Henry Lovell and Anthony Mason moved cattle into the Big Horn Basin and formed the M-L Ranch on the banks of the Bighorn River. By 1890, a small settlement had been established on the present site of Lovell. The town proudly carries the nickname "The Rose Town of Wyoming" because of the many roses in most every garden, yard and park in town.
Lovell is located near the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area and Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range. Just to the east is the Bighorn National Forest and the Medicine Wheel National Historic Landmark.
Don't Miss: Queen Bee Honey Gardens, downtown Lovell, making the most delicious honey candies.
- Category > Cities
- Deals (0)
- Events (2)
- Articles (0)
Annual Festivals: Lovell Mustang Days (end of June)